Free weekly curbside recycling is provided for residents throughout the City of Stamford.
Residential Single Stream Recycling
• Single stream recycling allows residents to place all recyclable items in one single recycling bin. Reduce much of your trash by recycling – it’s easy and it’s the law.
• Please read this brochure for all allowable items to be recycled in the new recycling bin. Please call Dan Colleluori at203-977-4117 or email him at email@example.com to receive the new recycling bin. Place this brochure in a convenient location to reference when needed.
• Confirm your garbage and recycling days online at www.stamfordrecycles.org or www.cityofstamford.org.
Recycling Saves Money
• The success of our waste reduction and recycling efforts depends on all of us. The City of Stamford is doing its part to reduce waste, expenses, and to help our environment. The City spends millions of dollars each year to haul away garbage. By selling recycled materials, we increase revenues and reduce our garbage expenses by millions of dollars – which helps all city taxpayers.
• It is a Connecticut State law that all households, schools, and businesses recycle. Recycling waste helps to keep taxes low by not having to pay for those goods to be added to the waste stream. In addition, recycling reduces rodent problems, protects public health, and ensures cleaner streets. Please recycle at school, work, and at home.
Hazardous Materials & Electronics Recycling
• Check local newspapers or www.cityofstamford.org for annual Hazardous Materials and Electronics Recycling Days.
Single-Stream Recycling Guidelines
All items listed below are recyclable. Place all rinsed items in ONE recycling bin.
Do NOT place the following items into the recycling bin:
Items accepted at the Recycling Centers:
Place in regular household garbage:
Call a private junk hauler for the following items:
Donate/Recycle the following items:
Source: City of Stamford