Top 10 Ways to Recycle
In 2007, Office Depot compiled a list of the top 10 ways to recycle at home and in the office.
1. Buy recycled paper and print on both sides. When using paper in the office, print on both sides of the sheet and recycle the paper when you are finished. By recycling one ton of paper, you can save 17 trees, almost 7,000 gallons of water and more than three cubic yards of landfill space.
2. Recycle your outdated technology. According to EPA, Americans throw out two million tons....
of e-waste each year. Avoid adding to that waste by recycling your old technology. For more information on electronic recycling, visit http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/recycle/ecycling/donate.htm.
3. Make recycling bins readily available. Make sure your home and office are outfitted with recycling bins for paper, plastic and metal. Keep them out in the open and label them appropriately. Sometimes the convenience factor is all that is needed.
4. Recycle your empty ink and toner cartridges. Almost eight cartridges are thrown out in the United States every second of every day. That's almost 700,000 cartridges per day.
5. Buy remanufactured ink and toner cartridges. Each remanufactured cartridge keeps approximately 2.5 pounds of metal and plastic out of landfills and saves about a half gallon of oil.
6. Recycle old newspapers laying around the office. When finished reading the newspaper, either leave it for someone else to read or recycle it.
7. Look for the recycled option in all the products you buy. It's not just paper that is recycled.
8. Buy rechargeable batteries. It takes 1,000 regular batteries to equal the lifespan of one rechargeable battery. When you are discarding your batteries, recycle them.
9. Purchase rewritable CDs and DVDs so that you can reuse them from project to project.
10. Reuse your morning coffee cup. Or better yet, buy a mug to avoid the waste caused by throwing away the paper or Styrofoam.
Source: Office Depot
Call or Text Us: (203) 979-0550
Email Us: info@StamfordJunkPros.com
Locations We Proudly Serve
Services Offered: Appliance Removal/Recycling, Refrigerator Recycling, Mattress Junk Removal, Furniture Removal/Donation, TV Removal/Recycling, Tire Removal, Scrap Metal Recycling, Retail Inventory Junk Hauling, Property Clean-out, Construction Debris Cleanup, Estate Clean-out, Restoration/Renovation Clean-out, Foreclosure Clean-out, Household Junk Removal, Office Clean-out, Office Furniture Donations, Yard Debris Cleanup, Same/Next Day Appointments, Weekend Pickups, Attic Clean-out, Basement Clean-out, Garage Clean-out, Office Junk Removal/Donations, Household Junk Donations, Clothing Donations, Furniture Hauling/Donations, Government Garbage Removal, Corporate Junk Removal/Hauling, Charitable Donation Drop-off, Basement Clean-out, Attic Clean-Out, Dumpster Rental, Container Rental,
Who We Work With: Residential Properties - Commercial Properties - Realtors - Property Management Companies - Real Estate Agents - Local City Government - Contractors - Landscapers - Lawyers & Attorneys - And More!